Accelerated corrosion testing
Testing in climate chambers is used to compare the corrosion resistance of different materials and material combinations in a variety of atmospheric environments. Swerea offers a wide range of options for climate chamber testing.
Our climate chambers are equipped to enable the environmental conditions to be varied during exposure in a controlled manner. The main parameters that are varied are temperature, humidity, salt content, UV light and the presence of corrosive gases. The tests are designed to be adapted to mimic real conditions.
Swerea’s climate chamber equipment includes:
- Climate chambers for temperature and humidity cycling
- Climate chambers for corrosive gas testing
- Combined climate and salt spray chambers
- Climate chamber testing with simultaneous mechanical fatigue testing
- Conventional salt spray chambers
- Explosion-proof climate chamber for simulating fuel environments