Testing of textiles
With more than 400 test methods and expertise in textile chemistry and mechanical and physical properties, materials, assessment, development and consultancy services, we are one of northern Europe's most well-equipped textile laboratories.
In our laboratories we are able to perform most types of tests and analyses of textile materials. Naturally, we are accredited according to ISS-EN ISO 17025. We help you to quality assure products along the entire chain of production, and our services include everything from development and materials selection to quality inspection of received goods and claims.
Quality assurance and certification of textiles
Swerea has unique textile-chemistry expertise, especially for tracing chemical substances in products such as textiles, leather and accessories. Testing of surgical textiles and protective clothing prior to CE labelling is one of our specialities. We certify according to Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 and STeP, the world's leading certification system for textile raw materials. Among other things, we can assist with:
- Identification of fibres and basic elements
- Design analysis and materials selection
- Analysis and assessment of the mechanical properties of textile materials
- Analysis of changes in colour and appearance, absorption properties
- Analysis of ageing (UV, heat and moisture)
- Analysis of adhesion and contact angles
- Optimized laundry processes and testing of laundry detergents
- Analysis of down and feathers
- Comparison of standards
- Fire testing and assessment of flame retardants
- Plasma treatment to modify the material surface properties
Swerea's test methods are described under the links below.
Contact and more information
helena.hjartnas [at] swerea.se