Seminar Day on Process Modelling and Simulation for Composites
In order to increase the awareness and build the academia-research-industrial network, SMF Flyg and RISE are inviting you to a seminar with a focus on the process simulation of composite manufacturing.
More and more small and medium companies are becoming involved in providing products in composite materials and they face many challenges when it comes to final product quality due to manufacturing process variations. Process simulation of composite manufacturing is an active research area which is attracting more and more participants. The goal is to decrease the traditional trial and error methodologies and improve the process and product performance by modelling, simulation and analysis.
This seminar invites you to listen to presentations planned by academic, research and industrial professionals who are active in the field and we will discuss the way forward. Take the chance to learn more about this growing area and how it can make you more competitive in the future. The seminar is free of charge and provided by SMF Flyg och Innovair.
- 09.30-10.00 Coffee and registration
- 10.00-10.15 Welcome! About the day and SMF Flyg (Marie Jonsson, Compraser Labs/RISE)
- 10.15-10.30 Process simulation of composites, challenges and limitations (Mohammad Rouhi, RISE)
- 10.30-11.00 Simulation of forming and draping (Malin Åkermo, KTH)
- 11.00-11.30 Integrated process and design analysis of automotive body structures(Siddharth Kumaraswamy, Volvo Cars)
- 11.30-11.50 Modelling of composites wet-out processes (Ragnar Larsson, Chalmers)
- 11.50-12.00 Composites process simulation with LS-DYNA (Mats Landervik, DYNAMORE)
- 13.00-13.30 Process modelling of composites at SAAB (Jens Sjölander, SAAB)
- 13.30-14.00 Forming and curing simulation of multi material components (Daniel Berglund, RISE)
- 14.00-14.30 Discussion; the needs and prerequisities of SMEs for process simulations
- 15.00-15.30 Visit to Compraser Labs and a demo of force controlled forming (TBV)
Compraser Labs, Bröderna Ugglas gata, hus 208, Linköping.
Registration and contact
For questions, contact mohammad.rouhi [at] ri.se (subject: Seminar%20Day%20on%20%20Process%20Modelling%20and%20Simulation%20%20for%20Composites) or marie.jonsson [at] ri.se (subject: Seminar%20Day%20on%20%20Process%20Modelling%20and%20Simulation%20%20for%20Composites)