Our research in machining is a meeting place at the highest level of industrial expertise in machining, steel manufacturers, cut manufacturers and manufacturing.
We also give you access to a network where research in cutting processing is integrated with including metallurgy, alloy development, steel manufacturing, mechanical testing of components, FEM modeling of materials and nondestructive testing.
Project in cutting machining
Swerea creates and participates in several research projects focusing on machining. Partly within our own member programs, but also in projects funded by, for example, Vinnova and RFCS projects.
Examplesof current projects include:
- Hard part turning of carburizing steels for automotive applications. (FFI)
- Digitalization in manufacturing (PMH)
- Power skiving (PMH)
- Innovative approach to improve fatigue performance of automotive components aiming at CO2 emissions reduction (EU Comission)
- Tool wear (chipping) in milling applications (Member program)
- Machining in new lead free brass. (Vinnova)
- Advanced quick-stop technique using the Buda and Vasilco methods (Member program)
The member programme Materials in Machining (MM) is a meeting place for joint research within machining. The research is carried out in close collaboration and in partnership between industry companies with the aim to create industrial benefit for our members. Link to Materials in Machining.
Contact and more information
ulrika.brohede [at] swerea.se