Corrosion can be combated in many ways. In each case, the most appropriate corrosion protection method depends on the specific environment, application areas and lifecycle requirements.
The most common corrosion prevention measures are:
- Cathodic and anodic protection
- Protective coatings, organic (e.g. paints and powder coatings) or inorganic (e.g. metal coatings)
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Temporary corrosion protection
- Alteration of environment, e.g. dehumidification, air treatment, etc.
- Modification of structural design
Long experience in corrosion protection
Swerea has 50 years of experience in research and development of corrosion protection, and we work closely with industry in all of the above areas.
More information about our work with corrosion prevention can be found under the headings on the right.
Contact and more information
andrew.gordon [at] swerea.se