2018-11-30 Interesting information regarding PFAS
BRUSSELS – A 3-year EU life cycle assessment study to evaluate alternatives to fluorine-based durable water and oil textile repellents (DWOR) has concluded that fluorinated formulations have a negative environmental impact “10 – 40 times larger” than fluorine-free alternatives. Read more here.
2018-07-20 POPFREE on German national radio
In the following radio programme, Steffen Schellenberger (PhD) from ACES department at Stockholm University, and Christina Jönsson, coordinatior of SUPFES and one of the coordinators of POPFREE, discuss the problems on use of polyfluoroalkyl substances in textiles. Click to listen to the full podcast.
2018-07-03 Cosmetic companies take action to reduce PFAS
Promoting feasible fluoro free alternatives is highly relevant in many sectors where the use of PFAS have provided important functions. Today, many actors are actively working towards reducing the use of PFAS and POPFREE’s partner Naturskyddsföreningen is one of them. Click to read their article on PFAS used in cosmetics.
We are truly grateful for meeting you at the MIDWOR-LIFE Final event: Workshop on the substitution of PFAS in the textile industry.
The presentations from the event are available for download below:
- Concerns on short-chain PFASs and substitution concepts - European Commission
- Industry view on replacement of harmful chemicals - EURATEX
- MIDWOR-LIFE Presentation of key results - MIDWOR-LIFE team
Additionally, the invited project presentations are available here:
- POPFREE and SUPFES – Practical substitution of PFAS - Swerea
- LIFE-FLAREX: Applied substitution toward greener flame retardants in the textile industry - LEITAT and CENTEXBEL
- LIFE AskREACH – Enabling REACH information rights on chemicals in articles by IT-tools - Federal Environment Agency
- Fit for REACH - Ecodesign Comptence Centre
Please visit the project website for more information.
2018-04-16 POPFREE project team