A world-class research group
Swerea is the leading Swedish research group for industrial renewal and sustainable development. Our task is to produce, develop and disseminate research results in the following areas:
- Materials development
- Product development
With a regional, national and international presence, Swerea is a central part of the Swedish innovation system. Interaction with academia, industry and society is fundamental to the group's operations.
We work with applied research to give industry competitive advantage, greater innovativeness and profitability in a sustainable society.
Swerea is the leading research group for industrial renewal and sustainable development.
Swerea AB is owned jointly by the Swedish state and Swedish industry. The Swedish state owns 47% of Swerea via RISE, Research Institutes of Sweden. The remaining shares are held by the owner associations:
- Intressentföreningen för korrosionsforskning (Interest Association for Corrosion Research)
- MEFOR − Metallurgiska Forskningsbolaget i Luleå AB
- Stiftelsen Svensk Järn- och Metallforskning
- Swerea IVF:s intressentförening (Swerea IVF's industry group)
- Svenska Gjuteriföreningen (Swedish Foundry Association)