Manufacturing with the greatest possible resource efficiency is often the best way to achieve large profits with limited means. Production technology is largely concerned with the best possible use of available resources such as machines, raw materials and personnel.
Swerea SWECAST can help companies develop their production systems. Toward that end we employ modern technology such as computer simulation, together with methods such as Lean Production.
We conduct research at different levels in a variety of areas, primarily the following:
• Investigative research
• Company-tailored research
• Market analysis/Literature studies
In most cases, the purpose of our research is linked to our assigned task of applying the results directly in producing foundries. Thus, our research is intended to help companies increase their profitability with the help of new ideas and knowledge, so that they can develop further and withstand the tough competition of today.
The current focus of our research is on:
• Efficiency-raising methods
• Anticipation and reduction of quality problems
• Relationships between technology and economics
• Simulation and optimization of production systems.